Cauldron Distillery is an award winning privately owned and operated distillery located on Tamborine Mountain with a strong focus on authentic customer experience, quality, passion, teamwork, and innovation. We have a vision to build Cauldron Distillery into one of Queensland’s must visit destinations.
We are currently looking for a Distillery Bar Manager and Bar Attendant. Scroll below to find out more details about the positions.
Bar Service Attendant
Full-time, Part-time and Casual roles considered
- You are experienced in customer service and revel in making people smile with interactions that span from fantastic to WOW!
- You come to us with dedication and excitement to join our crew of amazing humans who love to work hard and play even harder!
- Experience in bar service is essential.
- Knowledge of top shelf liquor and cocktails would be ideal.
Weekend availability is essential.
Our current opening hours Friday- Sunday, but soon expanding to Wednesday – Sunday.
Please email your resume with references, current RSA and covering letter specific to the role to email@example.com
Distillery Bar Manager
Become a key member of a new and exciting Tamborine Mountain distillery and bar business. Work directly with the founders and have an impact from day one.
- A brand new distillery and bar and events centre
- A growing brand with a loyal customer following
- A dynamic team
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced hospitality leader to be the new Distillery and Tasting Bar Manager at Cauldron Estate. This unique Scenic Rim distillery, vineyard & cocktail bar on Tamborine Mountain has quickly grown a reputation for quality spirits and creative cocktail experiences since opening in 2021. Cauldron Distillery is an award winning privately owned and operated distillery with a strong focus on authentic customer experience, quality, passion, teamwork, and innovation.
We are looking for a hands-on leader, suitably qualified to build the aspirational and growing bar team. The successful applicant will be an all-round hospitality professional, with the drive to becoming an influential figure within the distillery team and Queensland Craft Spirits industry.
Reporting to and working closely with the business founders your main responsibilities will include:
- Execute unique consumer experiences including making Cauldron Distillery one of Queensland’s must visit destinations.
- Create and implement events to drive thousands of new visors to Tamborine Mountain per month
- Develop and own operation processes for the venue and execution of events.
- Work with financial P&L Management with KPOs to drive performance outcomes.
- Responsible for all aspects of tasting experiences, stock management, labour management, and rosters.
- Lead the team in day-to-day operations, build team engagement and manage training for the Distillery Bar team.
- Be able to demonstrate attention to detail and have the leadership ability to be part of the distillery management team.
- Ensure compliance to brand, corporate guidelines, food safety, OLGR and OH&S regulations.
- Ensure operations are always conducted within company policy and to COVID-safe requirements.
As a dedicated hospitality professional, you will be passionate about your profession, excel at creating customer experiences and have a love for cocktails, food, craft beers and wine. In addition, you will:
- Have a strong all round hospitality background and be able to understand and execute the successful inner workings of a multi-faceted venue and bar.
- Have a hands-on work ethic with a can-do attitude.
- A minimum of 4 years in the industry in a similar style venue.
- Be confident, organised, and demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experienced in all facets of venue operations including menu costing, stock control, order management and labour management.
- A collaborative approach to management and team development.
- Good computer skills, with sound knowledge of industry POS systems, online booking systems, above average proficiency with Excel and solid Microsoft suite experience.
- Hold or willing to hold Queensland Food Safety Supervisor & RMLV certificates.
Weekend work is necessary for this role and some occasional public holidays. In return there is a competitive full-time salary on offer.
If you believe you could be the right fit for our team and this exciting opportunity, please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us what attracts you to Cauldron and something about your favourite gin-based cocktail. Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed and may be requested to give their best ideas on how they would run and grow the distillery door and customer list.